6 month contract
Dublin city centre/Hybrid
As part of your role, you will take over the development, maintenance, and operations of IT systems.
- Program new business and technical functionalities in line with user needs
- Maintain existing functionalities and fix defects found during production following a defined process
- Develop automated tests, builds, deployments, and continuous integration pipelines
- Collaborate with the product owner to refine user stories
- Actively participate in agile environments.
- Create technical requirements specifications
- Maintain the system’s specifications and help documentation
- Vendor management liaising with core IT service providers
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Hands-on experience as a professional developer or devOps working on complex bespoke applications
- Experience and proficiently writing in C#
- Experience building Windows Desktop applications using Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET technologies (C#, WPF)
- Experience with XAML to create user interfaces.
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong debugging techniques, experience with various debugging tools.
- Experience with Visual Studio, setting up projects, frameworks, dependencies, etc.
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of version control system tools (preferred TFS)
- Experience in Unit testing
- Experience in financial services would be an advantage
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in working with business teams to understand and deliver solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative and work to deadlines