Application Support Specialist
Dublin city centre/Remote
Our high-profile client based in Dublin city centre is actively seeking a Senior Application Support Specialist.
The Senior Application Support Specialist will work with the business to resolve systems issues, monitoring and maintaining the day-to-day running administration systems.
The successful candidate will have strong skills in data and systems analysis including an established knowledge of SQL scripting.
- Define, analyse and produce flexible, robust solutions to business requirements
- Working with the business to address day-to-day system issue
- Identify recurring issues and investigate and analyse root cause analysis
- Work effectively with key stakeholders when priority issues arise and swift action is required
- Work with the development teams to assist with their development strategies.
- Assist the test teams in achieving the results by supporting them through DB and process knowledge.
- Monitor and manage the daily operation of system batch jobs.
- Liaise with our external provider on system developments and issues when required.
- Document and map solution procedures and processes as they are defined and developed.
- Working with Compliance to ensure all developments and fixes comply with the standards set out
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines including PL/SQL, T-SQL, VBA, DB Admin, job management, web admin.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in supporting financial systems.
- Strong IT technical and process development skills.
- Have an ability to learn and understand complex technical design.
- Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements