My client is looking for a Wintel Consultant to work in a company based in Dublin. Works as a member of the European Server Infrastructure team, works on Server Production Support infrastructure incidents, problems and projects of diverse scope. Recommending solutions based on analysis and interpretation of server equipment, tools & diagnostics. Implementation of new technology into the production environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and support the European wintel server environments
- Analyse and report on capacity
- Work with peers across the enterprise to share knowledge and ensure consistent enterprise standards are maintained.
- Provides technical guidance regarding technology and proposed upgrades to equipment.
- Writes and maintains operating, maintenance and standards manuals for server infrastructure
- Evaluates progress and results and recommends changes in procedures
- Troubleshoots and resolves day-to-day server incidents
- Works on problem management cases to resolve ongoing issues
- Provides installation & support for any server requirement projects
- Monitors equipment, reviews diagnostic reports and interprets data
- Prioritizes own work and provides some assistance to other analysts
- Guides other analysts in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment
- Works with Vendor Providers for fault resolution
- Manage short – Medium term projects to successful completion
- Manage all changes to defined Change Management Process
- Manage availability and stability to defined metrics.
- Windows Server 2000, 2003 and 2008 deployment, management, troubleshooting and administration.
- Active Directory – Multi Domain Forests, Domains and Trusts, Sites and Services and Group Policy management.
- MS Exchange 2003 deployment, management, troubleshooting and administration.
- DNS – Administration, troubleshooting and configuration.
- DHCP – Creation and administration of scopes, reservations, troubleshooting etc.
- IIS 5, 6 and 7
- TCP/IP – excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing etc.
- Knowledge of all RAID types (RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 etc.)
- Experience with Capacity Management and Reporting.
- IBM server hardware knowledge – firmware updates, troubleshooting etc.
- Knowledge of any system monitoring software – IBM Director, HP Insight Manager, HP Open View etc.
- Extensive professional experience with 5 years experience working in a Wintel Enterprise environment.