A large financial organization is seeking to hire a Windows Server administrator for an initial 6 month contract based at their Dublin city center offices.
The Server Intel team supports the Windows and Intel infrastructure of the whole group, which comprises over 1700 servers (a mix of physical and virtual). The Server Intel team also supports a number of infrastructure applications such as Microsoft Exchange and related technologies.
* Build, install, configure, upgrade & maintain Wintel Operating System images, and related infrastructure.
* Manage problem, service and change remedy tickets and related processes. Ensure timely resolution and meet Service Level Agreements.
* Proactively monitor and manage the health and configuration of the windows server environment.
* Takes corrective actions based upon Standard Operating Procedures.
* Apply and update OS Security patches, system upgrades, firmware and infrastructure application changes.
* Research root cause of problems and update SOP’s as necessary.
* Coordinate, negotiate and implement systems availability and upgrade activities.
The Role will involve (but is not limited to) the following areas:
* Working within the Intel team which currently has 15 administrators
* This role involves supporting the Intel and Windows infrastructure
* Opportunity to be part of a dynamic IT team in a busy working environment
Familiarity with some or all of the following would be essential / useful:
* Incident and problem resolution
* Windows Server Support
* Windows Server Building
* Windows and application Patching and updates
* Active Directory in-depth knowledge.
* DNS/DHCP/WINS Administration.
* HP and IBM Hardware support
* McAfee Antivirus support
* Backup software support (Commvault and Networker)
Please send your updated CV to the email above or call Sani on 014064658 to discuss this role further.