The successful candidate will support recovery, integrity, availability, scalability and performance of the virtual infrastructure and related components.
- Operating, maintaining, optimizing, and expanding the virtual infrastructure to include virtual servers and virtual desktops using VMware technology.
- Providing Tier 2 support on VDI; support shall be on- and off-site.
- Performing system administration on VDI, including troubleshooting, patch management, desktop image maintenance, application virtualization, testing and integration.
- Creating new, or improve existing support procedures and training documentation for operational support team to use.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining a scalable and high availability virtual environment utilizing VMware Horizon
- Experience in VMware and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) administration.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows server, application deployment with VMWare Horizon.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct malfunctions and help resolve multi-faceted problems.
- Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks and recommend, design and implement VMware server environments.
- Working knowledge of server, network, personal computers (PC) and application deployments.
- Knowledge of VMware ESXi and VDI is recommended.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 operating systems is required