We are currently seeking a highly experienced VMware and Citrix Consultant for an initial 6-month contract to start immediately.
You will be a crucial member of the team to manage VMs within multiple ESXi hosts, from the storage level, resource level, network level, HA level and DR level. This will also consist of migrating virtual machines from one vCenter to another vCenter (between countries) “vMotion”. Understanding Windows Architecture and VMware Architecture are vital areas.
Technical skills and critical areas will include:
- VM Resourcing, VM/ESXi troubleshooting, LUN configuration, support and management.
- VMware,vSphere, vCenter/VLAN management and trunking
- Understanding of VMware licensing, patching, host maintenance and license implications within hosts.
- Virtual sockets for example and VLAN configuration are another part of the day today.
- Understanding architecture migrations (Version 5.5 to 6.5)
- CyberArk administration and management
- Blade logic administration and management
- IBM Websphere management
- PowerCLI management
- Azure knowledge (not essential) and AzureCLI
- VMware Hardware, Versions and tools
- Citrix Knowledge and Administration
- LUN/Storage Group creation and provisioning
- Snapshots, Snapshot Management and operating procedures
Please send the up to date CV via the apply now button.