Dublin city centre
The Technical Team Lead is expected to have previous experience in either a Java or .Net development role and an overall appreciation for the technologies involved over the entire team.
- Engage with Client team to agree work priorities and support as identified by the business.
- Identify and notify any issues/risks affecting the project to the Client Project Manager.
- Maintain contractor resource demand and capacity plans
- Direct the development team towards a common technical vision to deliver a technical solution for business requirements.
- Providing the development team with technical leadership and guidance on application design options.
- Provide high-level and detailed estimates for projects.
- Managing delivery as agreed and aligning team resources as required.
- Managing risks appropriate to the contract team in the delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Ensure that software is developed in accordance with prescribed technical standards
- Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Identify improvements to system architecture and processes.
- Manage project source code and documentation.
- Ensure that all deliverables are tested to meet the standards as defined prior to deployment to the Quality Assurance team.
- Ensure that developments are carried out in accordance with standards and best practices.
- Coach the development team on the development of the application solution.
- Provide continuity in all major application solution decisions.
- Progress and manage technical change items/requests
- Ensuring deadlines are met including development on multiple concurrent projects
- Previous experience working as a technical Lead/ Software Development manager
- Java or .Net development experience
- Knowledge/experience of project delivery methodologies, application development lifecycle, waterfall development model and agile development model.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple complex areas of work and/or projects simultaneously.
- Continually reviews system architecture to identify risks, improve processes and performance.
- Use of project management tools such as MS Project and issue tracking software such as JIRA.