Our client is seeking three contract Systems Analyst to join their Information Services (I.S.) Delivery Team in Dublin city centre. This is for a six-month contract with a view of an extension. working across Middlewear, Citrix, Vmwear and widows.
Our client has embarked on a large business and systems transformation project (core system replacement) and currently have a requirement for three technical Systems Analyst.
The Systems Analyst will be expected to apply the corporate-approved methodologies and standards in delivering recommendations that are compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
Duties and Responsibilities included in this role:
- Understanding and Mapping the data needs for new reporting applications (there are potentially over 200 reports in scope)
- Translate requirements into business and functional specifications
- Familiarise themselves with the data models driving these new applications
- Prepare and execute relevant test use cases to ensure a quality of the delivered reports.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Project Team
- Work with Senior Systems Analysts, Software Developers and End Users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Essential Skills and Experience:
- Expert in detailed analysis techniques with the ability to translate into comprehensive documentation which can be understood by Business and I.S. alike.
- Ability to produce test strategies and test plans, and experience with test execution and troubleshooting systems software
- Experience in information management, relational database design and development for collecting and storing data.
- Understanding of data models and database structure or schema.
- Experience of writing Data Manipulation Language/SQL for managing data within Oracle and SQL Server schemata
- Experience working in financial and/or insurance industry
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (in particular Life and Pensions Insurance)
- Good understanding of IS controls in the context of COBIT and ICOFR
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
To apply for this role, please click below and send a copy of your updated CV