My Client, a leading financial services firm in Dublin city centre is actively looking for a Software Development Project Manager with experience working on .Net projects for a long term Daily rate Contract.
Excellent rate on offer for the right candidate.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading I.S. Application Delivery projects for the clients line of Business. The Project Manager works closely and effectively with various I.S. and business leaders, project team members and external parties, to ensure that projects are correctly chartered, planned, and executed. The Project Manager is accountable to the Head of I.S. and Portfolio Delivery Leaders in the management of project scope, budget, schedule and in meeting the leadership expectations of the sponsor and I.S. leaders.
- Deliver projects on time, on budget to the expected quality.
- Work with key stakeholders to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the Business and I.S. goals.
- Plan and manage the project life cycle from initiation to handover to production.
- Liaise with project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify project pre-requisites, dependencies, constraints, risks and critical path and manage these proactively.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Leadership team to develop detailed project schedules, resource requirements and key milestones and manage these throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years I.T. industry experience with at least 5 years as a full life-cycle Project Manager on high profile and innovative technical enterprise solutions.
- Experience managing and delivering technical Applications & Server projects including integration and data migration projects using .NET environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.)
- Experience in planning, organising, and controlling resources and tasks.
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Practical experience of the application development life cycle (Waterfall & Agile)
- Experience communicating at all levels from Executive to Team level. Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
- Experience of building project plans that ensure the quality of the deliverables, and conform to the standards and best practices defined by the organisation.
- Experience of managing multiple parties, including Senior I.S. staff, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and bring the project forward.
- Experience in influencing at all levels within an organisation.
- Great problem solver – ability to get to the root cause of a problem and put corrective actions and preventative measures in place.
- Ability to set and work to strict project deadlines.
- Proficient user of MS Office tools, in particular, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, Sharepoint.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Project Management certification.
- Experience managing and delivering a mix of technical Applications & Server projects including integration and data migration projects using .NET environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.)
If you feel you are a good fit for this role and wish to apply, please do send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided.