My Client a leading player in the financial services market is actively looking for a Software Architect for a long term daily rate contract based in Dublin City centre.
Excellent rate on opffer for the right candidate.
This is a hands-on role. This right person would come from a technical background (preferably Java or .Net), working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
- Develop appropriate architectural and design documentation and communicate to the appropriate business and project teams as required.
- Consult with internal clients and account managers to ensure the architecture meets the business requirements.
- Work with external vendors where required.
- Take responsibility for the architecture and design of I.T. Solutions on a project.
- Provide robust and cost effective designs.
- Act as the focal point to resolve all technical design issues as they occur during the full project life cycle.
- Participate in I.S. project planning by providing technology options and recommendations.
- Ensure that architecture deliverables adhere to the Security and Data Protection policies and standards of the organisation.
- Ensure that appropriate waivers are raised and in-place where such policies and standards are not met.
- Bring architectural anomalies to the attention of the Lead Architects and other appropriate senior IS leaders.
- Escalate architectural issues, as appropriate, for discussion and decision.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Experience working on projects in a large enterprise environment.
Have strong process skills.
Have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation.
A good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks.
Have designed solutions and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations. Some technologies used are:
- OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
- Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular SQL Server & Oracle
- Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory, PINGFederate
- eBusiness applications using J2EE (Websphere) and .NET technologies.
Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
If you feel you are a good fit for this role then please do send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided.