We are currently seeing a strong leader of quality within engineering with excellent communication and motivational skills. You must be a proven influencer and successful change agent. Your priority will be to coach engineers directly and drive quality initiatives.
This role manages the quality function across multiple teams but does not directly manage a team of engineers. This is a strategic role with high visibility across the company. A great opportunity for a high-energy, innovative person, who wants to work with a diverse group of people, enjoys change and learning new technologies.
Quality Mentor and Coach: Mentors and coaches engineers across all agile teams and functions and at all levels. Directly responsible for the continual learning, develop and improve programme for test engineers.
Great Testing: Ensures that the testing of products within the organization is transparent (test plans), efficient and effective. Instinctively knows the meaning of “good enough”. Passionate about automation and the ability to deliver fast with high confidence.
- Ability to make Quality First a reality
- Excellent communication, change agent and coaching skills
- Design and champion best practices for high performing code
- Good software design and development experience and competency (10+ yrs)
- Hands-on experience of Agile software delivery methodologies and leadership
- Proven ability to estimate, plan and coordinate activities across teams involving multiple stakeholders throughout the SDLC and identify and escalate risk
- Experience leading a development team(s) in delivering high quality commercial software
- Strong understanding of automation tooling and processes that support CI/CD
- Experience with web technologies: HTTP/S, APIs, OAuth, legacy SOA (SOAP, REST), XML, JSON, WSDL, XPath, XSD
- Cross-platform experience Linux, Windows, Solaris
- Experience developing/testing SaaS desirable
- Good understanding of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP/FTPs, etc)
- Third level qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
Send the up to date CV to Sammy Wright for consideration