Role: QA Engineer
Duration: Initial 6 months, full time
Daily rate contract
Location: Dublin city centre
The purpose of this role is develop and maintain QA Test Cases (both manual and automated), ensure that quality assurance and testing is carried out in accordance with industry best practise and complies with strict audit standards. This role will involve working with offshore and onshore teams.
• To create and execute test plans & cases and report on test execution.
• Perform manual and automated testing on applications, software services and web based applications.
• Involvement in Functional, Regression, Automation and Performance testing
• To report on test progress to the QA Manager and/or QA Lead(s)
• Represent QA function at team meetings when required
• Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering required
• 5 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Actively perform testing duties, as required to achieve project milestones
• Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
• Strong interpersonal/communication skills with ability to communicate and collaborate with Quality Assurance, Development, Project Management and Business teams
• Strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of Test Case Management Systems desirable
• Programming knowledge and/or knowledge of automated testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver and processes
• Technical skills and familiarity with use of technologies to aid in defect analysis (e.g. SQL, Unix)
• Creativity and a pragmatic approach to the relentless desire to improve test coverage, effectiveness and drive to scale
• Entering of product issues into an issue tracking database – Providing clear, articulate steps so that little follow-up is required from the development team
• Ability to rapidly triage complex issues
• Financial Industry experience is required