Software Test Analyst – Contractor
We are currently seeking contractors for the position of Software Test Analyst
The Testing team is responsible for:
- The standard Quality Assurance functions covering the full software development lifecycle including:
- Developing and implementation of test plans and test scripts for verifying and validating Mainframe and Web applications.
- Executing test plans for existing applications.
- Testing software to include functional scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error validation, defect retesting, usability and performance testing.
- Identifying, analysing and documenting defects and questionable functions in application functionality.
- Ensuring that testing operates to the highest standards including:
- Determining requirements for test case trace-ability and test coverage.
- Leveraging and maintaining test plans for new versions of production applications.
- Creating comprehensive test plans with well-defined, reusable test scripts for new software releases.
- Ensuring compliance with auditing and industry standards.
Reporting to the Test Team Manager the contractor will also have the following responsibilities:
- Balance the need to meet these exacting standards for new developments and enhancements with the need to provide an efficient and effective service.
- Ensure that Regression testing is performed in a manner that recognises the risks of introducing defects into an established environment while at the same time meeting deadlines.
- Where appropriate, provide input into decisions to deliver functionality to a production environment before the completion of the associated testing. Highlighting any particular risks and suggesting appropriate controls on production process pending completion of the testing.
- Work closely with other colleagues within the team, Developers and Actuaries to ensure that requirements are testable and verifiable to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality.
The Ideal contractor will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A certification in ISTQB Foundation Course in Software Testing would be desirable, but not essential.
- Previous experience working in a Testing role, including knowledge of Testing quality standards, policies and procedures is required.
- Experience with manual testing and some automation
- Proven Financial services experience (ideally Life Assurance)
- Data analysis skills and SQL experience is required.
- An ability to assess risk areas in developments and to tailor test plans and scripts to eliminate this risk as much as possible.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills and technical writing skills.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships effectively with all levels of personnel, cross departmental and on occasion with external clients.
- An ability to interrogate business processes, analyse specifications and process models to create detailed and complex test conditions and scenarios.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CLOAS system and integrated systems is desirable.