Our client, a leading company within the financial services industry is actively looking for a project systems architect for a Long term contract based in Dublin city centre.
Excellent rate on offer for the right candidate.
The Project Systems Architect develops appropriate architecture and design of solutions for Application and Infrastructure Projects. He/she will participate and advise during the implementation of these projects to ensure successful deployment and transition to the production environment. He/ she will be expected to conform to the approved methodologies and standards in delivering solution architecture that is compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
This is a hands-on role. The right person would come from a technical background (preferably Java or .Net), working on projects in a large enterprise environment, with the ability to take on a wide variety of assignments.
- Develop appropriate architectural and design documentation and communicate to the appropriate business and project teams as required.
- Consult with internal clients and account managers to ensure the architecture meets the business requirements.
- Work with external vendors where required.
- Take responsibility for the architecture and design of I.T. Solutions on a project.
- Provide robust and cost effective designs.
- Act as the focal point to resolve all technical design issues as they occur during the full project life cycle.
- Participate in I.S. project planning by providing technology options and recommendations.
- Ensure that architecture deliverables adhere to the Security and Data Protection policies and standards of the organisation.
- Bring architectural anomalies to the attention of the Lead Architects and other appropriate senior IS leaders.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working on projects in a large enterprise environment.
- Have worked within a recognised application/service delivery process and methodology and understand the importance of Change Management, Testing and Documentation.
- A good knowledge of current Application, Infrastructure and Security Frameworks.
- Have designed solutions and then participated as the Project Architect in the delivery of Application and/or Infrastructure Solutions, and be able to reference successful implementations.
- OS: AIX, Microsoft Windows Server
- Relational Databases and data warehousing technology – in particular SQL Server & Oracle
- Authentication: IBM TAM/TIM, Active Directory, PINGFederate
- eBusiness applications using J2EE (Websphere) and .NET technologies.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).