The Senior IT Security Consultant is responsible for providing risk assessment and security architecture support and guidance to IT and business teams for new system implementation and system change initiatives. The person will be responsible for participating in the creation of an end-to-end approach to the reduction of risk across the systems environment and will be a key stakeholder in defining security architectures and designs through consultation with project teams and IT services.
- Conduct risk assessment s and evaluation of IT systems proposals and their ability to meet system and security requirements, recommending mitigating controls for identified limitations and risks
- Work closely with business analysts, solution architects and project managers to ensure security requirements are effectively addressed in all phases of project lifecycles
- Review and contribute to the definition of functional and non-functional business requirements and translate these into clearly articulated architectural requirements in the context of the required solution
- Evaluate as-is and to-be IT security risks and controls including leveraging industry standards and practices for designing the future state solutions.
- Participate in defining and maintenance of enterprise and application security controls, and standards for production systems
- Assisting in identifying and assessing risk as part of the overall IT Risk Management process
- Evaluate and select various technologies for suitable inclusion in IT solution designs
- Develop proposals and business cases for enhancement of IT solution architectures, including various views of solution architectures
- Participates in the discovery, documentation and refinement of business requirements to ensure alignment with technically viable solution designs.
- Participates in technical incident management and troubleshooting as needed
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in IT Security
- Deep understanding of the role of IT Security in IT risk management and controls
- Deep understanding of the role of IT Security software engineering and application development methodologies in a complex multi-project environment.
- Proven experience based on ability to design and develop IT Security architectures for complex multi-component systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical IT security architecture deliverables.
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional
If you feel you are a good fit for this role then please send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided or phone Colm on 01-4064626.