Job Title: Information Services Senior Project Manager
Duration of role: 6 months daily rate contract
Location: Dublin city centre
The role is for a Senior Project Manager to plan, structure, lead and execute large Technical Infrastructure and integrated application projects for our organisation. There may be a requirement for some travel to the UK, Germany and Isle of Man.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Deliver the projects on time, on budget to the expected quality.
- Work with key stakeholders at a senior level to define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the Business and I.S. goals.
- Plan and manage the project life cycle from initiation to handover to production.
- Develop project plans and associated communication strategies to the senior management team.
- Identify project pre-requisites, dependencies, constraints, risks and critical path and manage these proactively.
- Work collaboratively with the Stakeholders and Delivery Leaders to develop detailed project schedules, resource requirements, and key milestones and manage these throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Minimum of 15 years I.T. industry experience with at least 8-10 years as a full life-cycle Senior Project Manager on high profile and innovative enterprise solutions.
- Experience managing and delivering technical infrastructure & Application projects such as :
- Integration and data migration of enterprise class solutions
- Network (LAN, WAN) deployment/upgrades
- Enterprise Storage
- Active Directory deployment – with particular emphasis on Integration of AD
- Windows, Unix server deployment
- Experience of managing large infrastructure projects in multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in planning, organising, and controlling resources and tasks.
- Experience working with a large global financial organisation
- Experience in budget management, control and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Experience communicating at all levels from Executive to Team level. Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
- Experience of building project plans that ensure the quality of the deliverables, and conform to the standards and best practices defined by the organisation.
- Experience of managing multiple parties, including Senior I.S. staff, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and bring the project forward.
- Experience in influencing at all levels within an organisation.
- Great problem solver – ability to get to the root cause of a problem and put corrective actions and preventative measures in place.
- Ability to set and work to strict project deadlines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Project Management certification. (Prince or PMP)