POSITION Service Desk Technician
DEPARTMENT Group IT
REPORTS TO Team Leader – Service Desk
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Service Desk Technician role is responsible for the customer facing and 1st line support role within the Service Desk, on a day to day basis and to provide support and feedback to the Service Desk Team Leader and Management in the running of the department.
The role also ensures that incidents are being logged, addressed and closed off.
- Provide 1st Level technical software and hardware problem resolution to all Client users, to agreed Service Levels both in terms of performance and Customer Satisfaction.
- Provide first level technical support on all applications within the group
- Liaise with 2nd level technical support staff to ensure support response times are within agreed limits
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in an user friendly and professional manner
- Keep users informed of call status if requested.
- Site attendance if required to resolve user issues (once agreed with Team Leader)
- Provide 1:1 training as required by the user
- Delivers, Tags, sets up and assists in the configuration of end user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Co-ordinates timely repair of PC equipment covered by 3rd party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computers as required
- Escalation of issues to the Support Team Leader
- Maintenance of documentation for procedures and policies in line with Client IT’s standards (wiki)
- Assist in the definition of Group wide Standards for PC Hardware and peripherals.
- Assist in the procurement of IT Hardware and Software to Group IT standards and the maintenance of our IT Asset Management procedures.
Ability to be
- Customer and Service Orientated
- Highly driven and have a professional/determined/positive mental attitude.
- Willing and capable to work well within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Basic hardware for PC’s
- Principles and theories of Network Systems and Management
- Understanding of Internet Technologies and Products.
- ITIL Foundation
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Service Desk environment
- MCSA/MCITP certification desirable
- Minimum A+ certification
- Relevent College Degree