My Client is actively looking for a Financial PMO Project Manager for a long term contract based in their offices in Dublin City centre.
Excellent rate on offer for the right candidate.
The requirement is for a Project Manager to work as part of the European Cyber Security programme, within the Programme Management Office (PMO).
Working with the PMO Team, this person will be responsible for the Governance and Oversight of various projects (including Financials), within the programme.
- Review Projects and Project Financials to ensure that they are being delivered on time, on budget and to the expected quality.
- Work with Project Managers and key stakeholders to understand project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the Business and I.S. goals.
- Review Projects based upon their Plans as they progress through the project life cycle from initiation to handover to production.
- Liaise with PMO, Finance and Project stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Review and assess the quality of all Project plans, artefacts and associated communications documents.
- Identify project pre-requisites, dependencies, constraints, risks and critical path and review these proactively with the relevant Project Managers
- Review and manage project budgets across the programme, creating a single view
- Work collaboratively with the Project Management Office (PMO) team to develop detailed programme schedules, resource requirements, and key milestones and manage these throughout the lifecycle of the Projects within the Programme
- Conduct project ‘Lessons Learnt’ and create recommendations that will improve future project delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years I.T. industry experience with at least 5 years as a full life-cycle Project.
- Senior Project Manager experience on high profile and innovative technical enterprise solutions in a .Net environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.).
- Experience managing and delivering technical application projects including integration and data migration projects in a .Net environment (C#, SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, ETL etc.).
- Good understanding of the technologies mentioned above – may have come from a Software Development/ Systems Analyst/ Delivery Lead background.
- Experience in planning, organising, and controlling resources and tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of formal project management Financial Management and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of managing large complex Projects within a Project Management Office (PMO)
- Experience working within a PMO delivering Management Project, Financial and Operational Reports and Metrics
- Practical experience of the application development life cycle.
- Experience communicating at all levels from Executive to Team level. Strong verbal and written skills are essential.
- Experience of building project plans that ensure the quality of the deliverables, and conform to the standards and best practices defined by the organisation.
- Experience of managing multiple parties, including Senior I.S. staff, and 3rd party Vendors.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build consensus and bring the project forward.
- Experience in influencing at all levels within an organisation.
- Great problem solver – ability to get to the root cause of a problem and put corrective actions and preventative measures in place.
- Ability to set and work to strict project deadlines.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and negotiating win-win outcomes.
- Proficient user of MS Office tools in particular, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Sharepoint.
- Strong data analysis background with an attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Project Management certification.
- Proven Financial background
- Previous experience working as a Business/Systems Analyst with a track record of producing complex Operations, Financial and Programme/Project Reports and Metrics.
- Strong Technical background
If you feel you are a good fit for this role then please do send on your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided.