Position: Field Service Engineer
Contract: Permanent fulltime role
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support on all incidents within the site until the site is fully up and running and support has been transitioned into the service desk (Fixed site support as well as travel to remote sites)
- Liaise with the Technical Management Team and IT Security Resources and 3rd party providers to ensure speedy resolution of all application support issues
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in an user friendly and professional manner to the customers on site and the primary site setup contact
- Keep users informed of Incident status on any technical issues
- Follow the CMDB Process to update CMDB items that are created as part of the site setup Process.
- Escalation of issues to the IT Technical Management Team Leader
- Be able to Report on status of all incidents, Problems and Changes related to site setups
- Be able to Report accurately on Project delivery dates
- Creating and Updating of our Knowledge Management Articles, Visio’s and Service now location information for the solution design before the site solution is handed over to the Service Desk to support.
- Maintain a keen understanding of Industry best practice and current infrastructure technologies and related infrastructure to assist with setting of business expectations.
- Work to the Project Management Standards Framework set by the Group IT PMO to achieve successful completion of any project you are assigned. Ensure all deliverables are delivered within the agreed timeframe.
- Travel is frequently required to travel to the UK, Ireland and International sites.
Core Skill Set
- Must be ITIL Foundation Certified
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent Support Skills for change management, incident management and problem solving.
- Must be able to work with 3rd Party Vendors to roll out the overall Site Setup Solution
- Must have experience working with Windows & Active Directory
- Wireless Solutions Experience at Controller Level desirable
- InfrastructureComms Room Building – Router, Switch and Wifi Rollout desirable
- Service Orientated
- Willing and capable to work well within a team environment. Has capacity to inspire and motivate others.
- Effective communicator.
- Analytical thinker, with a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates drive and commitment
- Continue to gain IT certifications to improve technical knowledge
- Commercially astute – able to implement and achieve operational efficiencies.
- High drive and determination/positive mental attitude.
- Willing to travel internationally as part of the role.