This role works as part of the ETI Middleware Services & DBA team as a senior Database Administrator on infrastructure projects. This role is responsible for providing architectural direction and delivery with regards to SQL Server in Infrastructure projects. Completing project related documentation is also a key part of this role.
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- 8-12 years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases (SQL Server 2005, 2008/R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016).
- Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction databases.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Experience with ETL development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server technologies.
- Experience working with BMC Remedy would be of benefit.
- A proven track record in working effectively as part of a team within formal project management methodologies and processes.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Create and manage multiple instances/databases and assist in capacity planning throughout the lifecycle of a project. Raise awareness and drive communication around key initiatives
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot database problems that may arise during the project implementation stage.
- Maintain data integrity and security in test environments (manage roles and permissions of database users pre go-live of projects).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Manage and document the change management process for projects.
- Be a key contributor to the development of the Infrastructure Architecture practice in Europe through forums such as the internal Architecture Forums.
Please send your most updated CV to the email above or call Sani on 014064658 to discuss this role further.