Job title: Business/Systems Analyst
Contract: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Dublin City Center
We require a Business / Systems Analyst to work within our Sales and Distribution Technology (SDT) projects portfolio group.
The SDT projects portfolio covers a large variety of system applications including online broker portals and web services as part of its remit to deliver SDT related projects, and regularly launches new/amended products onto the German market, as well as undertaking various other projects as required
As a team member the successful applicant will be expected to work closely and effectively with other team members such as Business and Systems Analysts, Business Stakeholders, QA Analysts, Project Managers, and Software Developers.
The Business/Systems Analyst will be expected to apply the corporate-approved methodologies and standards in delivering recommendations that are compliant with Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture direction.
Duties and Responsibilities included in this role:
- Work within the SDT Portfolio team to support project(s) progression via analysis and QA skills, in conjunction with other team members
- Develop SQL queries to extract data for analysis
- Work with Application Support functionaries and Software Developers to resolve issues
- Provide input to work estimation and test planning.
- Provide input into formal Requirements documentation and Functional specifications
- Involvement in test plan development and coordinate with Developers and QAs as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the Financial Services sector (in particular Life and Pensions Insurance products and applications)
- Expert in detailed analysis techniques with the ability to translate into comprehensive documentation which can be understood by Business and I.S. alike
- Ability to produce test strategies and test plans, and experience with test execution and troubleshooting systems software
- Experienced in writing SQL for data extraction / manipulation
- Excellent team player
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with customer-facing applications
- Experience working with recognised application/service delivery processes and methodology
- Experience as a Business/Systems Analyst in a large enterprise environment with multiple data sources
- A working knowledge of German would be an advantage
Ideal Candidate Profile:
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Be educated to technical degree level, or equivalent technical experience
- Have a detailed understanding of Policy Administration Systems, preferably PAXUS, and customer-facing applications
- Proven industry experience as a Business/Systems Analyst
- Have experience with data extraction and manipulation using SQL
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have excellent influencing skills across senior and junior levels
- Be passionate and excited by this opportunity
If you feel that you are suitable for this role and wish to apply then please send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided or phone Katya on 01-4064652 for more information.