My client, a leading financial services company in Dublin is actively looking for an Application Support Engineer for a long term daily rate contract based in their offices in Dublin city centre
Excellent rate on offer for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be working in a very, challenging, fast paced environment, working within the IT & Change Team and reporting to the Information Systems Manager. Role requirements include:
- Working with the wider business to address day-to-day system issues affecting the company’s policy administration system within SLA’s
- Design IT solutions / processes that meet the business needs and adhere to internal and external standards
- Ensure solutions are future proofed and meet the needs of the IT and business strategies
- Report conflicts and gaps between solutions and IT strategy to IT management and identify ideas to address these conflicts
- Carrying out Root Cause Analysis on re-occurring issues that are identified on the Irish Life Health Applications
My client is looking for an ambitious individual with strong potential and self-motivation, who has the people skills to perform the continuous customer-facing aspect of this role. They want someone who is curious and has a desire to learn, to gain an understanding of their business and use that to effect positive change. This is a great opportunity to be part of dynamic IT team and to work directly with business users in an organisation on an exciting growth trajectory.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
- The ability to absorb information and get up to speed quickly with business processes and systems
- Drive & resilience to take initiative
- High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, supportiveness, involvement, openness, and clarity
Necessary Qualifications / Skills:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar technical support role
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines including PL/SQL, T-SQL, .NET, DB Admin, Batch hi job management, web admin
If you feel that you are suited to this role then please send your up to date C.V and contact details through the portal provided or phone Colm on the number provided.