The successful candidate will be working in a very, challenging, fast paced environment, working within the IT & Change Team and reporting to the Information Systems Manager. Role requirements include:
- Working to address day-to-day system issues affecting the Policy Administration system with SLA
- Design IT solutions / processes that meet the business needs and adhere to internal and external standards
- Ensure solutions are future proofed and meet the needs of the IT and business strategies
- Report conflicts and gaps between solutions and IT strategy to IT management and identify ideas to address these conflicts
- Carrying out root cause Analysis on re-occurring issues that are identified on Applications
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar technical support role
- Experience in multiple IT disciplines including PL/SQL, T-SQL, .NET, DB Admin, Batch hi job management, web admin
- Ability to perform unscripted subject related triage and leverage established technical knowledge not available in knowledgebase.
- Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements
We are looking for an ambitious individual with strong potential and self-motivation, who has the people skills to perform the continuous customer-facing aspect of this role. We want someone who is curious and has a desire to learn, to gain an understanding of our business and use that to effect positive change. This is a great opportunity to be part of dynamic IT team and to work directly with business users in an organisation on an exciting growth trajectory.
Suitable candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
- The ability to absorb information and get up to speed quickly with business processes and systems
- Drive & resilience to take initiative
- High levels of dependability, flexibility, enthusiasm, supportiveness, involvement, openness, and clarity.