The ODA offers the complete database solution providing enterprise grade production solutions for centralized and branch office deployments. This free event is designed for both the technical and the financial personnel within your organisation. During this briefing we will review and discuss –
- The evolution of ODA’s Solution-in-a-Box , giving a fundamental insight into the ODA architecture, showing how it is possible to get the maximum performance from the single-box database solution.
- How ODA can reduce cost, reduce risk and enable local Oracle Support.
- Outline the “plug & play” features for consolidation and high availability with ODA.
- Review manageability and support of your mission critical environment
- How to future-proof your IT investment by including the ODA in your Hybrid Cloud Strategy.
- Share our practical knowledge with you and outline how to efficiently implement, operate, and optimize ODA
This all leads to a main goal, how to future proof your applications environment through Oracle while becoming more efficient in terms of costs and productivity, as well as the option of developing the fundamental steps you need to take to get your cloud strategy up and running.
- 8.30 am Breakfast and registration
- 9.15 am Introduction Sabeo and Oracle – Paul Goti, Sabeo Director
- 9.30 am Overview of ODA Licensing, Cost Benefits, Simplicity in Manageability and Deployment – Michael Finan, Oracle Database Appliance Specialist, Oracle
- 10.00 am Technical overview and deep dive – Andrei Czompa, Presales Consultant, Oracle Database Appliance – Oracle
- 11.15 – Q&A
- 11.30 am Finish
The ODA offers many benefits to your organisation, both technically and financially:
- Support of the entire engineered system stack by a single vendor – Oracle
- Simplified patching of the firmware, operating system, and Oracle software as a single Oracle supplied process
- Simple installation and configuration of Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Ability to consolidate multiple databases currently residing on multiple servers onto a single platform
- Redundant “everything”
- “Pay as you grow” licensing model
- “Pay for what you need” – The ability to buy a 40 core Engineered system. 20 cores per server, but only pay for those extra cores when they are needed by the business processing demands. Starting at 2 cores
- Hardware CPU processing upgrades no longer require throwing out an old server and bringing in a new one. Simply activate new cores with no outage and avoid needless hardware purchases.
- Migration of existing licenses to the ODA infrastructure.
Free parking Available at the hotel